- Mobile 027 244 6686
- Freephone 0800 226 226
- Level 1, 54 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington
- Regions available: Wellington
Important Information - Click Here
"Making deals happen and helping with the entire buying process."
With close to 20 years’ experience as a mortgage adviser, Jenny Cheevers has the expertise needed to put together successful applications and make deals happen.
Prior to moving into the mortgage industry, Jenny worked at ASB for a number of years.
She strongly believes that communication and caring are the two most important factors needed, when it comes to working closely with her clients.
“I listen, take time and ultimately care about my clients, and want to put them in the best position to get their house,” says Jenny.
Jenny’s role as mortgage adviser is to make the mortgage process as stress free as possible, and help throughout the entire buying process.
A strong negotiator, Jenny was a finalist for the “NZMBA Broker of the Year” for several years.
Jenny is based in Wellington, however can help clients in all locations and overseas. She specialises in residential mortgage.
Important information about Mōkete Limited FSP 720071
Licence status and conditions
Astute Financial Management Limited FSP641829 (Astute) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice service.
Mōkete Limited FSP 720071 is authorised by that licence to provide financial advice service.
Our contact details are:
Address: 54 Cambridge Terrace, Te Aro, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand
Telephone: 0800 226 226
We provide financial advice on Mortgage Products and Consumer Credit Contracts.
We encourage you to read the important information given below. It may help you decide whether your financial needs may be met by engaging with us.
Nature and scope of financial advice service
We engage financial advisers to provide financial advice on the following financial products:
Residential and personal loan products
We, through our advisers, provide financial advice service about loan products only from the following providers (also known as lenders):
ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited
Oxford Finance Limited
AIA Services New Zealand Limited
FICO Finance Limited
Pepper New Zealand Limited
ASAP Finance Limited
First Mortgage Managers Limited
Pioneer Finance Limited
ASB Bank Limited
Funding Partners Limited
Plus Finance Limited
Avanti Finance Limited
General Finance Limited
Resimac Financial Securities Limited
Bank of China (New Zealand) Limited
Gold Band Finance Limited
Southern Cross Finance Limited
Bank of New Zealand
Heartland Bank Limited
Southland Building Society
Basecorp Finance Limited
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (New Zealand) Limited
The Co-operative Bank Limited
Bluestone Mortgages NZ Limited
Liberty Financial Limited
TSB Bank Limited
China Construction Bank (New Zealand) Limited
Metro Finance Limited
Westpac New Zealand Limited
Credit Union Baywide
Midlands Fund Management Limited
Wroxton Finance Limited
Cressida Capital One Limited
We do not provide financial advice service related to:
- Investment products (e.g., shares, bonds, managed funds, etc.) and KiwiSaver products; and
- Estate planning (such as Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, and trusts of any description); and
- General Insurance products; and
- Personal Risk Insurance products.
You will need to consult appropriate specialists if you would like advice on the products above.
Fees, expenses, or other amounts payable
In the majority of cases we do not charge any fee, expense or other amount for the financial advice provided to you or for implementing that advice. Our remuneration is paid by the product providers by way of commission.
However, we may charge a fee for the financial advice service provided to a client where a client repays a residential home loan within a defined time up to 28 months from the date it is drawn down.
Whether a fee will be charged, the manner in which it will be charged and the date by which the fee will be payable will be advised when the financial advice service is provided to the client.
Conflicts of interest and commissions or other incentives
We and Astute will receive commission from the lenders who provide residential and personal loan products. If you decide to take out a residential or personal loan, then the lender will pay commission based on the amount of loan settled with that lender or lenders.
Our adviser takes drawings from Mōkete Limited.
From time to time, various product providers (described previously) may also reward us and/or Astute for the overall business provided to them. They may give tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives. To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made based on the client’s personal goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual professional development refresher training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We maintain registers of conflicts of interests, and the gifts and incentives received.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
We take all complaints seriously and work to resolve them as quickly as possible.
If you are unhappy with our financial advice service, and wish to make a complaint, please contact your financial adviser so he or she can try to put things right.
If you do not feel comfortable discussing your concerns with your adviser, you can:
- Call David Gopperth, General Manager, Mortgage Express on 027 3489248 between the hours of 8:30 am - 5 pm week days
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to David Gopperth at Mortgage Express, PO Box 9268, Newmarket, Auckland 1023.
How your Complaint will be handled
We will deal with your complaint using our internal complaints handling process. Accordingly,
- We will investigate your complaint by analysing the information you provided us; and
- We may contact you to get additional information about your complaint.
We aim to resolve your complaint within 40 days of its receipt and advise you, in writing, our proposed resolution to your complaint.
If we cannot resolve your complaint within 40 days of receipt (or any additional time you have given us thereafter, at our request) you can contact the Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL).
FSCL provides an independent external dispute resolution service to consumers with complaints about their financial service providers. This service will cost you nothing and will help us to investigate or resolve your complaint if it is not resolved to your satisfaction using our internal complaints process.
You can contact the FSCL Scheme at:
Telephone: 0800 347 257 or +64 4 4723725
Address: Level 4, 101 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011
P O Box 5967, Wellington 6140
We, Astute and our financial advisers are bound by the following duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 to:
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code of Conduct), which form part of the wider regulatory regime for financial advice and ensure we have the expertise necessary to provide you with advice; and
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the advice given to you is not materially influenced by our own interests or the interests of any other person connected with the giving of advice; and
- exercise care, diligence, and skill that a prudent person engaged in the occupation of giving related financial advice would in the same circumstances; and
- meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct, to treat you as we should and to provide you with suitable advice.